10.05.2009

the righteous person

I read this tonight and—whoa.

“Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever. He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD. His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes” (Psalm 112:6-8, emphasis mine).

That’s who I want to be. Imagine the peace this person always carries with him. Just constant trust in whatever God’s doing. No worries. I wish I could say I was this person, but I have to admit, when bad news came this past year, I had fear. And it’s still a constant journey of learning to trust God for the future. You know how it is? Some days, it’s no problem: since the Lord has done such and such, this is obviously no problem for Him. That intellectual knowledge is always there. It’s getting the will and emotions to follow. The good news is that that’s part of sanctification, and my Counselor intends to fully sanctify me (Romans 8:29)!

“The righteous will live by his faith” (Habakkuk 2:4; Hebrews 10:38).

“Without faith it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6).

No comments: